Using a green grant from Keep Virginia Beautiful, Waste Watchers of the Eastern Shore held the annual Open House at the Workforce Development Center of the Eastern Shore Community College (ESCC) on Friday 15 Sept, 2023. Concerned public officials, community leaders, and citizens stakeholders were invited to discuss the roadside litter issue in Accomack and Northampton Counties. Among community leaders attending were:
- Paul Muhly, Accomack County Supervisor
- Betsy Mapp, Northampton County Supervisoe
- Greg Duncan, Accomack Co Deputy Director of Solid Waste
- Trystyn Wagner, Accomack Co Recycling and Litter Control Specialist
- Chrei Isdell, VDOT, Accomack Residency Administrator
- Julie Head, Eastern Shore Soil and Water Conservation District
- Donna Bozza, Citizens for a Better Eastern Shore (CBES)
- Marilyn Ailes, President – Waste Watchers of the Eastern Shore
- As well many concerned local residents.
- (Sheriffs Dept and local news invited but not in attendance)
Presentation included the current litter survey conducted by Waste Watchers, resources available through the Counties, recent public initiatives, and followed by open discussion with attending elected and public officials. The latter open floor provided free discussion on ideas, criticisms, and planned activity. Details are available in Waste Watchers’ minutes and by attendance at monthly meetings at the Accomack Public Works Bldg, Sawmill Park.
(Waste Watchers ESVA meetings the 2nd Wed every Month, 11 AM, open to all). Further information is routinely available at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org